Sunday 30 August 2009

Joining the blogosphere

The political blogosphere is a mish mash of the good, the bad and the insane. Despite that I've avidly read many blogs for a long time and even left the occasional comment. I've told myself time and again I wouldn't start my own blog because of the time it might take to write it and because I don't think I can write as well as some of the people I enjoy reading. But things are getting interesting in politics and I've realised I've got more to say than I can write in comments on other people's blogs. So I've spent a couple of days putting a blog together and opening a Twitter account so I can join in the mish mash. I don't know how it's going to go, but here I am without any readers, ready to write about things that matter to me.

I'm a grassroots Conservative party member, but not the slavish type who agrees with everything the party says. It's the party that most closely matches my views. But politics is about opinions and inevitably some of mine differ from the party line. When that happens I like to think of myself as a loyal, critical friend who believes in being honest and standing up to say why I think the party's got something wrong. One thing that's certain is Labour and the Lib Dems have got it wrong on too many things. The vision of the former has dragged this country down and the vision of the latter would make things even worse. As for the minor parties, they would be even worse.

Well, that's me. Now you've arrived at my little blog I hope you'll find it interesting enough to keep coming back and point some people in this direction.

No comments: